Here’s my second painting in acrylics, a labrador puppy.
I’ve been meaning to try my hand at painting using a traditional medium such as acrylic paint for some time now.
I finally took the plunge and whilst I’m not completely happy with the result, I did really enjoy myself!
I struggled to get the right tonal variation whilst working with variation in colour as well here but I am calling this done and moving on. It’s so much easier working digitally since you can just set the value slider to get the right tones for the selected colour. Here I will have to learn how to mix paint physically!
I’ve been doing some more rabbit studies for my project with John Fulton.
I had a quick look at the skeletal structure – I didn’t realise that a rabbit’s scapulae came so far round the side and forward to the front! Every day’s a school day!